Monday 26 December 2011

NOTHING. Oh. Except cars, I guess.

I dunno, blog. I just seem to be blatherless today, I guess. Maybe it's the turkey hangover, or maybe it's the internal organising of the what-to-get-with-the-gift-card plan, but I've been sitting here for a while now and nothing's really popped into mind.

Guess I'll give you a car update? Sure, why not. As you can see, Huff (sigh. I have another named car. When will it ever end?) is well on its way to becoming the true successor of Dirty Moe. Dirty Huff doesn't exactly have the same ring to it, really, but I suppose that the dirty part is just a fact of life at this time of year.

I really should try to pick up the car wash habit this time around, though.

Other than that, things seem to be working out well with the Vibe. I'm starting to see why it has such a strong internet following. It's pretty versatile, and as far as the styling goes... well, I've had a chance to compare it to the Toyota Matrix a bit more (for those new to the program, the Vibe was basically a Matrix in Pontiac clothing), and I have to say that when I end up beside a Matrix in traffic it makes me happy to know that my Vibe could eat that Matrix for breakfast.

Oh, just kidding, Matrix people. Matrixes (Matrices?) look just fine. But you have to admit that the Pontiac styling was a little less family-car-ish, and that's good for those of us aren't doing the family car thing.

Anyway. One other car thing, since cars have unexpectedly led to words showing up on this post. I just want to say that I'm tired of noticing cars. I've probably already said that I'm tired of noticing cars. I still am, but somehow the act of driving a different car has made me curious about other cars and frankly? I'm getting sick of driving around and having a part of my brain go oooo! I wonder what that one's like inside when normally I couldn't give a flying fig about cars as long as the car I'm in is getting me safely to where I want to go.

Ah well. I'm sure the excitement will die down eventually.

Please let it die down eventually.

----------

One other other car thing, since looking at the pointless photo reminded me. The block heater cord. Ubiquitous in most of Canada, since it can get cold enough that your car will never start if you don't heat the engine block first. When I was in university, though, I found out for the first time that you can't assume that everyone has a block heater. We had a fellow on my floor in rez who'd driven his car up from California. We all knew he was in trouble at the first cold snap, when he came all excited about the fact that we had so many electric cars in Alberta (I should say that this was in the 80s. Electric cars in Alberta? Not exactly). We couldn't figure out right away what he was talking about until he mentioned all the cords he'd noticed in the parking lot. Then we explained to him that it was going to get cold enough that even his car would be complaining about it.

Poor guy. Such a shock. And an unexpected expense to him later, of course.





Gotta love this country sometimes.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails